Off The Rails
0 comment Friday, April 4, 2014 |
For those who don't already know, I love the theater. After seeing Andrew Lloyd Webber's magical stage version of The Phantom of the Opera, I knew that one day I would have to tread the boards. And tread them I did, as I was an active member of my high school's drama club for all four years. Although now my participation has shrunk down to pretty much none to speak of (this is definitely out of lack of time, not interest), I cavorted on that dingy little stage in the auditorium like it was nobody's business. I was so enamored with theater that one day I decided "Hey, I could probably one of dese here plays!"
So I wrote one.
A horror anthology, to be exact.* And the next thing I know it's November 2008 and it's being staged for the whole world (re: small Florida town) to see. Which I think is enough history to bring us to where we're at right now. What you see below is a filmed segment from Nightmare Theatre (hey you, in the back, stop giggling!), the first story in the collection of short terror plays. I chose to show this one to you because A) I'm in it, B) It's the story I'm most satisfied with, C) I wouldn't dare make you sit through those other passingly-bearable "stories", and D) Only two out of those three are true.
*Did you expect anything less of me? Don't answer that.
It's called "The Ghost Train." Ectoplasmic railway hijinks ensue. Enjoy if you find it in your heart to do so.

Labels: , , , ,