It'S Gore Week For The Lucky 13!
0 comment Tuesday, April 15, 2014 |

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.
As I was saying before the sentient pun portion of my brain took over, the Vault of Horror and Brutal As Hell have brought the fourth in their line of weekly summer features concerning favorites of the horror genre. This time it's the best of the most gruesome, the most vile, and the most-likely-to-induce-eye-explosions horror that filmmakers have tainted the screen with. That's right, it is indeed GORE WEEK!
Believe it or not, it was actually a bit tougher for me to pick a selection than it has been so far. I was originally torn between doing The New York Ripper or The Evil Dead. The former fell through after I rewatched it and realized that, as fun and spirited as some of the murder sequences were, I just couldn't bring myself to say that it was a favorite. I had to nix Sam Raimi's demon/zombie opus because, being a purist of sorts when it comes to some things, I wanted to choose a film that was strictly about the carnage and that couldn't really be cateGORized (dammit!) in any other sub-genre. So what did I decide to do?

Why steal from my own blog of course! Not really. I didn't want to choose Aftermath at first. Why? Because I hated the idea of falling back on a piece that I just reviewed a short time ago. It made me feel as if I was being unoriginal and lazy, that I didn't genuinely hail the film as one of my personal favorites. But after I took a step back and thought about it, I realized that I really did love this movie. So, with every ounce of creativeness that I could squeeze from my corpse-dry brain, I wrote a piece on it without (hopefully) regurgitating too many elements from my full review of the film.
Check it and all the other fantastic, bloodsoaked contributions out for yourself at The Vault Of Horror.
If your stomach allows it, you can take a gander at the review I did OVER HERE as well.
And I'd pity the fool who didn't get their sorry behinds over to Brutal As Hell and see what their more-than-amazing staff has cooked up this time. Mmmhmm.
Be sure to keep your eyes posted for next week's feature for The Lucky 13... Horror Comedies! We'll be tickling ribs and devouring the flesh from them at the same time. A free pony to whoever guesses what my pick shall be!

Labels: , , , , ,