Dawn Of The Meme
0 comment Tuesday, May 27, 2014 |

Good evening,
First thing's first, I have a few shout outs I'd like to make to some people. I'd like to extend a huge THANK YOU to both Mark Mihalko of The Ringmaster's Realm and Matthew House of Chuck Norris Ate My Baby for giving FBD The Versatile Blogger Award. Although the honor has already been bestowed upon me, it truly warms my heart to know that this blog is being read by two respectable writers of genre entertainment. They both run their own superb blogs, so go check them out NOW!
Now on to the good stuff. Pax Romano, the innkeeper of the prestigious horror blog Billy Loves Stu, has just created a meme for all his fellow terrorphiles to fill out in order for the world to know how the diabolical minds behind some of the web's most fearsome corners of darkness work and calculate. Inspired by his post and all the other great writers that have followed suit in a rapid forest fire-esque whirlwind, I have decided to cancel all my torture chamber appointments and burn the 8:22 PM oil away by filling out this crackerjack questionnaire. Everybody get ready to scream, because it's...
The First Ever Billy Loves Stu Meme for Horror Bloggers!
1: In Ten Words or Less, Describe Your Blog:
My mad love for all spooky things past and present.
2: During What Cinematic Era Where you Born?
A: The Classic Horror Era (late 30's to 40's)
B: The Atomic Monster/Nuclear Angst Era (the late 40's through 50's)
C: The Psycho Era ( Early 60's)
D: The Rosemary's Baby Era (Mid to Late 60's)
E: The Exorcism Era (Early to mid 70's)
F: The Halloween Era (Late 70's to Early 80's)
G: The Slasher Era (Mid to late 80's)
H: The Self Referential/Post Modern Era (1990 to 1999)
I was birthed in the era of Jamie Kennedys.

3: The Carrie Compatibility Question:
(gay men and straight women - make your choice from section A)
A: Billy Nolan or Tommy Ross, who would you take to the prom?
(straight guys and lesbians - make your choice from section B)
B: Sue Snell or Chris Hargensen, who would you take to the prom?
What? No Vinny Barbarino? Damn it, man. I was really hoping Travolta and I could tear up the dance floor with our out-of-sight moves.

4: You have been given an ungodly amount of money, and total control of a major motion picture studio - what would your dream Horror project be?
Very tough. I have way too many pet projects to name. If I had to choose just one, I would probably do something along the lines of an anthology reminiscent of the Amicus films, all of the stories based on classic ghost and horror stories. They would be the quiet, subtle, and psychologically unnerving stuff. M.R. James, Ambrose Bierce, Algernon Blackwood, you get the idea. Hopefully a TV series would follow up the film.

5: What horror film "franchise" that others have embraced, left you cold?
I'm a pretty easy-going guy, so I really like almost any horror movie. If I had to pick I think I would go with the Child's Play series, but I'm not sure if that's the most widely embraced franchise either. The SAW series has unfortunately overstayed its welcome as well.

6: Is Michael Bay the Antichrist?
Damien was cool as hell, so it's a bit insulting to call Bay the Antichrist. Personally I think he's just another one of those Hollywood pod people that defecate all over the past to reap in funds for the present. Or maybe...

7: Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Frankenstein Monster - which one of these classic villains scares you, and why?
I absolutely love the Wolf Man (and all his lycanthropic brethren for that matter) and I always saw Frankie as more of a tragic hero. Dracula was all evil, all the time. That fool don't play.

8: Tell me about a scene from a NON HORROR Film that scares the crap out of you:
The scene in DEAD POETS SOCIETY where Robert Sean Leonard kills himself. The reactions from his parents made my heart skip beats and I got chills in the middle of my English classroom.

9: Baby Jane Hudson invites you over to her house for lunch. What do you bring?
Red wine, sleeping pills, a video camera, vaseline... What? No one said anything about subtlety.

10: So, between you and me, do you have any ulterior motives for blogging? Come, on you can tell me, it will be our little secret, I won't tell a soul.
I have the gulity pleasure of almost every writer in that I like to hear what people think about my work. Honestly though, I think it has more to do with my likely unhealthy obsession with horror and the need to catalog everything I basically read, listen to, watch, etc.
11: What would you have brought to Rosemary Woodhouse's baby shower?
Holy water and some clothes for her elderly neighbors. And a copy of Everyone Poops.

12: Godzilla vs The Cloverfield Monster, who wins?
You know my dawg G-Killa would get in there and tear that shit up. But if my bro for life Kong showed up, all bets would be off.

13: If you found out that Rob Zombie was reading your blog, what would you post in hopes that he read it?
Probably a big thanks for any and all support he gave to me. And perhaps a subliminal message to forget all thoughts of a Blob re-remake along with a passionate plea for more rockin' music.

14: What is your favorite NON HORROR FILM, and why?
My top five would probably contain The Big Sleep, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Christmas Story, The Dark Knight, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

15: If blogging technology did not exist, what would you be doing?
I would probably still be writing the exact same posts that I do, except they would all be kept in Word document format and I would be the only one who read them. Tragic?

Labels: , ,